Thursday, July 9, 2015

Week 1: I Survived


Week 1:
I Survived:
Ok well I’m alive with all my limbs still attached. This computer is highlighting every word I type which means I have no auto correct and all my words are probs misspelled.... but whatever... I met missionaries in every airport. There were a lot of sisters going to the Colombian CCM but they are all going to Equador. Last night the mission president welcomed us all here at like 12:30 (after midnight) and told everyone to go upstairs to their rooms...except Elder Burk, who can stay in this room with 3 other Latinos.
The next morning, I woke up and forgot where I was and they were all talking really fast.  Yeah,  awesome. My companero is Elder Salinas. He’s pretty cool.  Cool enough to be patient with my Spanish. But luckily all the other Latinos want to learn English so I teach them how to say most of the stuff they teach me. I am the only Norte that speaks Spanish and so I have no one to talk to in English. Everyone in all my classes are brown. It’s totally rad. We're going to go play soccer later today so we’ll finally be able to speak the same language! I don’t have a lot of time but my next p-day is next Thursday so I will write to you then.
Love you lots!
Elder Burk



No comments:

Post a Comment