Monday, March 28, 2016

Transfer! I'm headed to Valledupar

Family Home Evening with familia Blanco and familia Morelo
Last district meeting in La Playa
Hello Family, this week was pretty great. We have been working a lot with an investigator named Omar Morelo, he's 16 yrs old.  We found him 3 months ago when he was at his cousins house, who is a recent convert.  We were talking to people, and started talking to him.  We found his house, and we started teaching him and his whole family.  He's progressed a ton! He's read the Book of Mormon, he's come to church, and he was baptized this week.  That was pretty awesome.  

I conducted the baptism, since our ward mission leader was gone.  I also played all the hymns.  I took out my book of easy hymns and played for everyone while they sang.  I haven't played the piano in a long time, but it all came back to me.  Then I played a musical number of "When I am Baptized" and "I Feel My Savior's Love."  It was pretty cool.  We are so excited for him. We hope he gets on a mission.  It will change his whole life.  It was a pretty cool week.
Omar Morelo and his family at his baptism.
His family is also progressing, but he was so fast.  He's had problems in the past with bad stuff, used to be involved with not so great people, but when he found the gospel he has completely changed his life and is now super happy! He loves everything.  He wants to serve a mission. 

  
Omar Morelo with the Elders
The baptism was Saturday.  Our ward mission leader was out of town this week, so we had to put together the whole baptism by ourselves.  Normally, he does everything.  We went to fill the font, but we didn't have the keys, so we had to jump the little fence to turn on the water, and when I came back out, I ripped my pants.  Then we had to put together all the chairs.  The Bishop came late, so we started late.  His whole family came.  Lots of members came, we had lots of good ward support-like 30 people, including his Young Men's President.  We had asked him to baptize Omar.  He has known him since he was a little kid.  They were family friends.  So that was pretty awesome!  His family all loved it.

Today I got a call today from the Mission President That I am going to get transferred tomorrow.  I am getting transferred to Valledupar.  I will be working with Elder Sellman.  He's been in the office  as the Assistant for the last 6 months, now we will serve together as Zone Leaders.  He's from Logan, Utah.  I'm a little nervous but excited at the same time.

Mason is being transferred!  
I am super sad to leave this area.  I love this area.  It's so great. The ward is super strong.  The people in La Playa are so humble.  There a lot of people to teach.  There are lots of stuff to do. It's been awesome.  I hope Elder Chaves and his new companion love it as much as I did.  His new companion is Elder Monquilla, I knew him in my last area.  He's going to be the district leader here.  
It's going to be pretty awesome.  I'm excited! 

His new area is Valledupar, he'll be a zone leader with Elder Selman



No comments:

Post a Comment